ROSE WANJA’S NAIROBI SCHOOL APPEAL BEARS FRUIT AS RUTO DELIVERS NEW FACILITIES



 Nairobi School Board of Management Infrastructure Committee Chairperson Rose Wanja has expressed gratitude to President William Samoei Ruto for acting on an infrastructure appeal she made during his visit to the school, saying the completed projects have transformed the institution and expanded opportunities for students.

Wanja, speaking after the completion of the projects, recalled the moment she stood before the President and had about ten minutes to present the school’s needs. Together with the school’s Principal and BOM Chairperson Madam Murigu, she appealed for the construction of dormitories, classrooms, a multipurpose hall and access roads.

Today, Wanja says, the requests have become a reality.
The expansion of Nairobi School has created capacity for an additional 1,000 students, while the institution has accommodated its largest Grade 10 intake. The new facilities have also helped decongest the dormitories, with students who were previously housed in wooden structures moving into modern accommodation.

For Wanja, however, the achievement goes beyond buildings and infrastructure.

She described the moment as a defining chapter in her journey of using leadership and influence to create opportunities for others. She recalled raising KSh25 million with parents while serving as Parents Association Chairperson, before seeking an appointment with the Head of State for the groundbreaking ceremony.

She said she took the opportunity to speak not for personal benefit, but to advocate for Nairobi School and thousands of young people who stand to benefit from improved facilities.

“I took the microphone, I spoke, I made the request, and I used the opportunity not for myself, but to advocate for a school and for thousands of young people,” Wanja said.

She said her philosophy of leadership is centred on using influence to build, solve problems and create opportunities rather than promote division.

Wanja also pointed to her efforts to mobilise sponsorship for a water purification machine at Nairobi School and support for Mukumu Girls during a water-poisoning crisis, saying such experiences have strengthened her belief that influence must translate into action when lives and communities are at stake.

Her message to people with public platforms was clear: influence should be measured by the opportunities created, problems solved and lives improved.

Wanja said she wants her legacy to be defined by service, solutions, courage and opening doors for the next generation.

“I do not want a legacy of noise. I do not want a legacy of complaints. I do not want a legacy of division. I want a legacy of service. A legacy of solutions. A legacy of courage. A legacy of opening doors for the next generation,” she said.

She described the Nairobi School transformation as a personal milestone and a reminder of what can happen when advocacy is followed by action.

Wanja thanked President Ruto for listening to the school’s appeal and acting on it, adding that the completed project represents more than physical structures.

“This is more than buildings. This is impact. This is service. This is influence with purpose. This is my legacy. And I am only getting started,” wanja said said.


Popular posts from this blog

IGAD Executive Secretary Calls for United AI and Cybersecurity Strategy to Secure Horn of Africa

Incoming Nairobi Women Representative Florence Kilasi Calls for Women-Centered Leadership During Donholm Church Service

Incoming Nairobi Women Representative Hon. Florence Kilasi Articulates Her Vision Before Leaders